Friday, December 2, 2011

Musings of a Solo Traveler...(part 2)

Mind. Lost. Hazy. Blurry.


Nathan Road... Take me there... 

I remember crossing a few intersections, entering and coming out of a few subways; and walking a couple of blocks but none of these seem to get me anywhere near Tsim Sha Tsui. The road names have changed as I continued walking and I started to get a little weary when I realized how they remained unfamiliar and not sounding any close to Nathan Rd. or Tsim Sha Tsui.  

7/11. I'm so glad to see you...

I know I quit smoking but these two kept me warm and company while lost in Kowloon.

Coke and Coffee... Always does the trick.


Having updated my Facebook status to indicate my intent to head to Kowloon, I was very happy to find a comment from a previous colleague about them being in HK at the same time. And luck seems to start pouring in when I saw a 7-11 store in Austin Road. I started to get some help from my friend who were also then in HK for a vacation via social networking. An hour later after our comment exchanges in facebook, they arrived with a map that will soon be my guide while I am in the Chinese territory. While waiting for them I have managed to smoke a few sticks, chatted with a 7-11 customer, and painfully attempted to get directions from the Chinese lady in 7-11 which really kind of turned out to be a waste of time due to language barrier.
Thanks to roaming access and social networking. Friends are coming to the rescue.



After an hour of briefing on which way to go, which trains and exits to take, they took me to a Mc Café where I spent an hour of cat napping before heading to China Ferry Terminal in Macau. In between I spent my time observing Chinese nationals having their after party meals still dressed in Mc Queen’s and limping in their high stilettos...

Thanks Jelai and Issa for helping me out... 


Fast forward... I found myself on the first ferry out of HongKong to Macau at 7AM the same day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment