Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dumaguete + Sendong + Holidays = Hope and Optimism

Today, December 17, 2011 is a very challenging day for the City of Gentle People. Typhoon Sendong decided to drop by and left everybody in a very tough situation. 
 
Our once clean, well-maintained boulevard is filled with murky mud water. 


No lives should have been sacrificed for the Dumaguete City officials to learn the value of disaster preparedness. while this is nobody's fault, I am looking forward to the results of their discussion and see what they can do for the Dumaguetenos in this very difficult situation. I have always bragged about the peaceful community I came from, but I am not happy about the complacency of the local government and its  inability to prepare for extreme situations like this. 

Raised like every Dumagueteno, I am about second chances, but this has happened on my birthday on February 7, 2009 and we seem to have not improved but in fact have lost more lives this time around. 

To the people in the current provincial and city administration, show us your worth, and try to make this situation as painless as possible for every Gentle Person in Dumaguete. We deserve better!

To my friends from other places, please offer a prayer for my city. 

Photos grabbed from :




No comments:

Post a Comment