Friday, September 2, 2011

Poppy Coffee and Cupcakes

It is pronounced as Poopee... That's according to a friend who used to work with the sweet woman who owns this new coffee shop in the Portal Building. 


While everyone has grown to love the taste of our famous Sylvanas and Sans Rival, the cupcakes over at this new establishment is definitely a new and welcoming option to all Dumaguetenos. Fact is, we haven't had any establishment serving cupcakes this good before this place came about. I am a fan of red velvet and chocolate cupcakes and I wasn't disappointed. 


I got a red velvet and  salted mocha caramel drink. Definitely  a must try when your in Poppy's. 
I visited the place quite a few times during my last visit to Dumaguete. I have always been a regular in the more popular coffee shops when I was still back in Dumsville, SACS (Silliman Avenue Coffee Shop), Don Atilano, and Cafe Memento.  Definitely, Poppy's is my new favorite.When you are craving for something close to Starbucks coffee in Dumaguete, I definitely recommend this place. The location is also very convenient given it is close to the city's downtown area. 
Conveniently located just outside the Silliman Portal, you can have your souvenir pics taken while waiting for your order. 

Yes, there is a reason why beautiful people hang out here. It is the cupcake and the coffee. Noh?!?!?!?




I actually ordered two boxes of cupcakes for my friends here in Cebu but had to leave it home last minute due to baggage issues... hehehe... Sorry guys, I will make sure to bring some in my next visit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment