Saturday, September 10, 2011

What makes you special?

I have been awake for over 24 hours and while I was browsing through the net I chanced upon Benetton's It's My Time Global Fashion Community Campaign. Here is the campaign information as displayed in their website. www.casting.benetton.com :


GLOBAL FASHION COMMUNITY
It's My Time is now eternal. It was exciting and totally inspiring meeting more than 70,000 new friends, so we've decided to make It's My Time timeless. Permanent.

We are now thinking global and acting local: local casting events leading to more global campaigns.

The IMT website has been changing over time: you can see people country by country, like their profiles and post them on Facebook, share your personal blog and write your thoughts.

So the game is not over: we want to keep discovering hundreds of talent-brilliant people.

It’s never too late to get involved. Let's keep it going, be part of it!
English Italian French Spanish German Russian Portuguese
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR

We're looking for something different, something unconventional, something surprising, something real.
It's not just how you look but how you are.
HOW IT WORKS

Build a profile to express your style.
You only need to send one photo to start.
The rest is up to you.
The more you upload, the more chance you have to catch our attention.
Be creative. Show us what it means to be you and give us a window into your world.
Show the world your real self. IT'S MY TIME



And yes, I saw the other entries, and I know I am not going to get close to winning this competition... But my entry wasn't about winning, what really struck me was the question you need to answer for your contest profile which is "What makes you special?" It got me to think and here is it what I came up with:

Everything that I have been through makes me special. I have been through a lot of 

things, a lot of them I am proud of and some I would rather say have learned lessons 

from. These things and all have influenced my being, and shaped me to the person that I 

am today. Just like the clothes I am wearing, my life changes everyday but through it all 

is the fact that what I do reflects my choices and decisions just like what I choose to 

wear...



Just before I go, allow me to ask you the same question: "What makes you special?". Happy SUNDAY everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment