Monday, July 4, 2011

All About America

FOURTH OF JULY


Happy Independence Day America!!!  In celebration of their influence and help in uplifting the lives of many Filipina women and their families here is how I celebrated my 4th of July... Today was all about American influence for me.

If I am not mistaken the concept of a public/recreational pool was popularized if not introduced by the YMCA. According to history, the first reported YMCA “swimming bath” was built in New York City at the Brooklyn Central YMCA in 1885. The Brooklyn YMCA pool was 14 feet wide by 45 feet long and 5 feet deep. With that, I decided to take a dip in one of the pools not in the YMCA but one of the hotels here in Cebu. 



And as promised, I had a burger and fries before doing some laps.




After a few hours, we started heading to S&R. Selling mostly American Brands though most of them are made in China, S&R has been everyone’s favorite store for affordable PX products. So there I was taking advantage of their bottomless soda for Php. 45.00, the roast chicken and their delicious ice cream.

 I decided to pick up a box of White Castle Cheeseburger on my way out, yes, the burger from the popular American fast food chain.  

I have been everywhere during the 3 day weekend, and my legs have been hurting. I decided to get a foot massage from Grand Royale Spa. I’m sure everyone is familiar with this place, but I have tried other branches, and the masseurs from the Banilad branch seem to give the most relaxing foot massage. Sa halagang Php 150, that’s already a 45 minute foot therapy which actually lasts for over an hour. Show your feet some love, it is worth it. I'm not sure whose influence the concept of the spa is, but I just wanted to talk about how I have been generally satisfied with the services of the Grand Royale BTC branch.


And now here I am, blogging... According to Wikipedia, the modern blog evolved from the online diary, where people would keep a running account of their personal lives. Most such writers called themselves diarists, journalists, or journalers. A few called themselves "escribitionists". The Open Pages webring included members of the online-journal community. Justin Hall, who began eleven years of personal blogging in 1994 while a student at Swarthmore College, is generally recognized as one of the earliest bloggers. So there it is, another activity introduced and influenced by Americans.

With all of that, Thank you America, looks like I won’t last a day without something from you. 

2 comments:

  1. except for that one lousy pool manager-wannabe and dili-pwidi-picture-mam guard, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha....i agree... isumbong nako sa manager sa montebello... but then again, let's keep it positive... see u in Carly's bday! :)

    ReplyDelete