Wednesday, October 19, 2011

CAM SUR...

Being around a group of professional wakeboarders can be very intimidating. I have always had this "try anything once" attitude, but when I saw how the Pros do it, I must admit, I kinda thought twice. 






 First time boarders are encouraged to do kneeboarding first, doing it standing can be rather difficult and pretty dangerous. I have done long boarding in Siargao but given the number of people around the 4.5 hectare lagoon, I wanted to do it as recommended. I saw some people who have been doing it for a few days and they cant get past 5 meters from the starting ramp standing. LOL.


There is actually a beginner's lagoon you can go to but I figured it was boring there so I decided to do it where the Pros are. PAK!


The thing about doing it where the Pros are is that the cables drag you so fast. Strong arms and legs really useful in this activity. My running and biking training helped me a lot.





I managed to do a full circle of the 4.5 hectare area on my second try. It is not just boarding around the area, you have to pass through a certain route and navigate your way to make sure you are in between two parallel buoys in certain points of the lagoon. This is where most people fall off the board.


This is my after boarding peg. PAK! 



And yes, a can of COKE was waiting for me after a few rounds of boarding...

 
Some of the rather interesting personalities while I was in CWC.




Food was good. I had this Chinese Pork Adobo for around Php 200.00. It had the Bicolandia taste of Chili and Coconut Milk. I finished the rather big bowl in a few minutes. 




I still can't locate the data cables for the camera I used during the trip. All photos here are from Kent. 


 DIOS MABALOS, Cam Sur! 
See you again soon!!!!


2 comments:

  1. All those adventures are making me feel envy right now. :) I guess we both have the same adventurous attitude, but to be with the pros are indeed very intimidating. Good thing you've tried it, man. I'm thinking I might do the same thing soon. Life's too short to just watch the pros do their thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree hippo... I hope u have as much fun in your own Cam Sur experience soon. :)

    ReplyDelete