Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Great Bicol Experience...

What started out to be a rather distressful trip turned out to be one of my happier and spontaneous expeditions. Yes, my Bicol experience was all about firsts. 

My first time to travel without a check in luggage and depend on my dependable "Charlie", that's how I call my backpack to take care of all my needs. This was the most challenging part of the trip. To those who know me, travelling light was never my skill, but this time around, I managed! 

It was my first time to go to Cam Sur... I have always wondered what got this place the top tourist destination spot for 2010 and check out the famous Camarines Watersports Complex.


My first time to travel to a destination, without knowing or having connections with any local and of course go, BACKPACKING. Yes, I have always been a safe and comfort traveller. I have always utilized the services of hotel transfers, guided tours and other means to make my travels as convenient as possible. This time, I made use of Google and my charm. From getting my flight rerouted to the next trip possible, to finding my way to the stop point that would take us to Bulusan, this trip was all about the experience of trying to live and travel like a local.




In the next few days, I will be sharing with you that experience, the places to go, the things to do, and the delicious Bicolano dishes to check.





 I will try to take you to that great Bicolandia experience in my next posts and show you why I am giving BICOL a “Thumbs-Up”! 



Thanks you Kent for the pictures! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment