Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Birthday Weekend

They say that age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
But maybe it does;  the years of my life show what I have been through, how much laughter I’ve had, tears I have cried, successes I have celebrated, failures I have recovered from, friends I have made, enemies I hope to make peace with, people whose lives I have touched, feelings I have offended, mistakes I have made, lessons I have learned and the list goes on and on…

While I have booked a ticket to Cagayan de Oro where I was supposed to celebrate my birthday, I decided to cancel the trip a few days before the date. I found out weather in CDO wasn’t too friendly for some whitewater rafting and Camiguin which was part of the plan also had the same thing.

Fast-forward, I found myself booking a ticket to Zamboanga to visit one of my bestfriends,  Donald Green Lim, now a established fashion designer, who I haven’t seen for five years now. Don’t get me wrong, but I wanted to stay away from everyone. Having been a people person all my life, I have always celebrated my birthday with my friends.

Donald : Thank you for being a friend and everything I needed be in this trip...


This year, I wanted a change, I didn’t want to blow candles in front of everyone. I didn’t want no party music, friends telling me to drink since it’s my birthday, and all the things I have been doing for the last few years.

Believe me, those were fun and I will probably do it , again next year, but February 7, 2011 is a day I wanted to do things differently. And yes, instead of preparing for a party, I am here in Donald’s place updating my blog.


All set for an unplanned; spontaneous birthday eve with Donald...
 I did go out last night and had half a bottle of beer and was greeted by my bestfriend  at  the strike of midnight, but there were no plans, no guests, no cake, just him and me and whoever is around in the place we’d find ourselves on my birthday’s eve…

But the alone time did make me realize how much I love and appreciate the people around me. It allowed to be thankful to all my friends; they who understand the difficult person in me, who endure my occasional tantrums and who share their lives with me. And if you are one of them, you would know I am thankful for you. J

I will try to be a better person this coming year, but one thing for sure I still want my friends around for the rest of the 364 days before I age another year.

The 3rd beer is for the missing link in the TRINITY: Giselle Alano

Special thanks to Donald Green Lim, for allowing my birthday weekend to happen  just how I wanted it to be… And yes, Giselle Alano, we would have been happier if you were around.








No comments:

Post a Comment